MISSION STATEMENT: West MIddle School strives to lead students to be creative, competent, courageous builders of their future. Our focus is the whole student. We encourage all students to meet academic challenges with openness, enthusiasm, and a willingness to exceed.
“Too Sick For School”
TCS strives to provide the healthiest environment for our students and staff. Please assist us in this goal by following these too-sick-for-school guidelines when deciding on whether you should send your child to school.
Do not send your child to school:
- If your child has had any vomiting or diarrhea in the past 24 hours.
- If your child has had a fever within 24 hours. They may return to school when fever free without any pain/fever-reducing medication for 24 hours.
- With pink eye until they have received treatment for 24 hours and have no eye drainage.
- With strep throat until they have taken their antibiotic for 24 hours.
- Students may not return to school earlier than the date listed on the doctor’s note. The student's return date must also comply with the “Too Sick for School” Guidelines
- If students test positive for Covid, they may return to school once symptom-free for 24 hours.
- Please make sure to keep the school updated with current phone contact information.
- Parents will be notified to pick up their child who arrives at school too sick for school or who becomes ill while at school.
- Parents/guardians have 5 “Parent Notes” excuses for the school year.
Remember, frequent hand washing with soap and water or using hand sanitizer when soap and water are unavailable is one of the best ways to prevent the spread of germs.